ICAO to EASA License Conversion – ATPL
Welcome to IFA’s license conversion service!
We can provide conversions from ICAO/FAA to EASA, it all depends on how much support you will need from us.
IFA takes very seriously the training it provides as well as the success of our students on their exams and final objectives, meaning that as an ATO, we need to control training quality and student’s knowledge before we enroll them in the authority exams.
IFA’s Mandatory rules:
- Service is only available on 3 different seasons per year: March, July and November
- License conversion requests can be received all year-round, but processed only on the 3 established seasons
- Per season, we do not allow more than 7 ATPL exam requests/student, meaning that License conversion with IFA will last at least 5-6 months
- Students are submitted to each ANAC exam only after achieving 75% score on IFA’s internal tests
- For each season, deadline for documents submission and enrolment is 45 days prior to season date and are properly marked on the yearly calendar.
ATPL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
The pilot must hold a ATPL license issued by a third country in accordance with the requirements of Annex I to the Chicago Convention.
Applicants for an ATPL(A) shall have completed a minimum of 1500 hours of flight time in aeroplanes, including at least:
- 500 hours in multi-pilot operations on aeroplanes;
- (i) 500 hours as PIC under supervision; or
(ii) 250 hours as PIC; or
(iii) 250 hours, including at least 70 hours as PIC, and the remaining as PIC under supervision;
- 200 hours of cross-country flight time of which at least 100 hours shall be as PIC or as PIC under supervision;
- 75 hours of instrument time of which not more than 30 hours may be instrument ground time;
- 100 hours of night flight as PIC or co-pilot.
Of the 1500 hours of flight time, up to 100 hours of flight time may have been completed in an FFS and FNPT. Of these 100 hours, only a maximum of 25 hours may be completed in an FNPT.
Our conversion PACKS
- We receive your documentation and book you for the ANAC exams according to their schedule;
- Price is per process, meaning for every ANAC season of exams (6/year);
- Ex: you need us to book you 5 exams for one week, you pay only once, if you request these 5 exams on 5 different dates, we will charge you 5 times the unit price.
ATPL Admin Pack Price: 1 450 €
This pack helps you complete 7 exams maximum, with the corresponding theory support.
- Please note this pack takes 3 weeks from your time and to complete 7 ATPL theory exams:
- First week for ground school training Support;
- Last two weeks for ANAC exams
- We receive your documentation
- Training support included for up to 7 theory modules
- Each theory module comprises 3h
ATPL Pack 1 Price: 2 824 €
* At the end of these 7 exams, you will still have 7 remaining exams to pass, as well as the FFS session of 4h to complete.
This pack helps you try to complete 14 exams, with the corresponding theory support.
- We enroll students in ANAC for a maximum of 7 exams per season/date.
- This pack covers 7 exams at one ANAC season and the remaining 7 exams, two ANAC seasons ahead – we do not submit students for consecutive ANAC seasons (every odd month, 6 times/year).
- To fully complete the 14 exams, you will need 3 straight weeks on 1st season for 7 exams, plus another 3 straight weeks for the remaining 7 exams. Ex.: weeks 1,2 and 3 in March + weeks 4,5 and 6 in July.
- We receive your documentation.
- You need 6 full weeks free time.
- Weeks 1 and 4 are for theory Support.
- Weeks 2-3 and 5-6 are for ANAC exams.
- Allows to book for the 14 exams.
- Training support included for the 14 theory modules.
- Each theory module comprises 3h.
ATPL Pack 2 Price: 5 366 €
* At the end of the 14 exams, you will still have the FFS session of 4h to complete.
This pack was designed to provide you full flexibility, allowing you to purchase only theory support units, for the modules you believe you need our help.
- We receive your documentation.
- You need 1 free week (or less).
- Training support and exam will take place on same week.
- Allows to book for 1 exam.
- Training support included for 1 theory module.
- Theory module comprises 3h.
- You can purchase as much ATPL Exam Packs as you wish.
ATPL Exam Pack Price: 528 €
This pack represents the final step towards you licence conversion. After successfully complete 14 ATPL theory exams you need to complete an ATPL Skill Test on a full flight simulator, on the applicable type (the type in wish you are current).
This pack was also designed for the pilots who completed their 14 ATPL exams in another EASA authority, and wish to obtain portuguese licence.
Available Types: ATR 42/72, A320, B737, B757-767, B777 and Hawker 900XP
FFS Pack Price: 2.000€/pilot with minimum of 2 pilots
ATPL LICENSE SUBMISSION